Saturday, January 10, 2009

GETTING TO KNOW PEOPLE & WHAT MAKES YOU SUCCESSFUL

Today as I write this I reflect on how deeply I have been blessed with an awesome family......I have a loving husband . He is actually every women's dream....He brings me coffe when he sees me working on the computer or brings my food to me.....[w/o even me asking hin...what a guy....

He is a full blooded Mexican born 1954 in Durango, Rodeo de Linares, Mexico.....he came here as an illegal alien....and before everyone get their panties in a bunch.... he also paid his taxes in his real name....while he worked under a an assumed name...

When I 1st met him, in Michigan [ I was once his waitress...that's another story...lol] he was your "typical" mexican [pls forgive me for saying this if I offended anybody] he had the cowboy had , the huge belt buckle and those clog stoppers he called cowboy boots....... He always came to our house to see my mom....mom had adopted him "spiritually" like her own son.... Well story begins 20 some yrs ago when he was trying to bring his children and "the other woman".... he was not married [not sure why] anyways he started to tell my mother his life story how he wanted better for his family......

But what I did not understand was why....he had over 200acres of land with all the farm animals you can think of....back then his property was worth about $500,000 in american $$$$.

But I guess he wanted to be in the U.S. that and he had placed a bet w/ some idiots.....lol

Anyways when he went back to fetch his family he was not expecting to see what he saw....He had walked into his bedroom and found the mother of his 3 sons "with his own brother" in bed together.... They were so into what they "were doing" they didn't even hear or notice him....
So he turned around and went to the living room so when they came out they would see him sitting there......well after 2 hours of well you know, they came out and found him "patiently" waiting.....

My husband got up went into the room got all his belongings pack up and left and he has never looked back since..... My husband I kow for a fact would of killed them right then and there...he always carried at least 4 firearms with him...I guess that was the lifestyle for him back then...
But he thought of his sons and was a "MAN" about it and just never looked back...

Well when he came back to the states hetold my mom what had happened.... He tried to court me and tell me how much he liked me .............EEEEEE-YUCCCK !!!!! sorry charlie you ain't my type.....

Well a few months went by and he met another women [will call her mary] when I met her I knew exactly who she was.... she was the mother of an ex boyfriend of mine that like to do heroine and cocaine....

When he told me that he was going to "marry her" I felt like a knife had gone thru my heart...not that I was jealous but I was like ....."omg does he really know who she is....and what she does" .... Well after 6months he stopped by the house to say hi and to see how we have been doing.... He told us that Mary had cleaned him out....he had brought w/ him to the states to live comforatbly [ now we"re talking over21yrs ago] he brought with him about $150,000 dollars...plus his truck of the year.......well the "femal dog" cleaned him out w/in 6months...all on dope....

Well I felt sorry for him, he had lost his business, his woman to his brother, then this chic.......wow...what a soap opera right?...lol......it gets better

So I had given him a proposition...I had told him "hey, how about I marry you, and fix your paper so you can become a resident, then once you are...we can divorce each other and we both go on our marry way?" but here are MY conditions I want $1,500 + a brand new washer and dryer"

Well he agreed to the terms and conditions..... well guess what we are still together and not only did he become a resident he became a U.S. Citizen..this was when it was cheap to become a resident....it only costed him $250.00....Now just for one person it cost over $1,500.....omgod who has that kind of money.......

So my point is that my husband has gone thru hell and back....but we are blessed because some how [ and I plead the 5th on this one........lol] we have 3 awesome children [my own kids with him]...he still has his 3 from the previous relationship..

He supports me with The Beauty company I represent, but mostly the gourmet candle company I represent......He is the best husband ever.........If I could but him in a bottle and sell him by the unit.....I would be a rich woman.but you know what I already consider myself rich...... I have everything that I could ever want.....but there are some goals that still need to be accomplished...which they will....

This one of the many reasons for me being successful with my business.... I love to get to know the ppl that I speak with.....I don't just bombard then with "my opportunity" get to know them.....You have to build relationships....listen to them..what is it they want, how much money do they want to make, why are looking for other "streams" of income.....do they have children....what motivates them to be independent.....and so forth

So what about you..what makes you succesful....?

2 comments:

Lydia Brown said...

You are so funny. Thanks for your comments and for stopping by my blog.

Military Momz said...

What a wonderful story! So sweet!