Friday, January 9, 2009

“When you know the ‘why’ the ‘how’ gets easy.” – Jim Rohn

We are going to hit on that “G” word again … Goals. By now you have had, or have at least have plans to have your “board meeting”. When you deciding on your goals and sharing them with your spouse, ask yourself the following questions:

1. How will I feel when I achieve the goal?
2. How will it benefit my business?
3. What will it do for my family?
4. How will I feel because of the difference I have made in the lives of others?

Here are 6 points to remember when goal setting:
1. A goal gains power when it is written down. This allows it to become substantial and it will then begin to sketch itself into your subconscious mind. Post your goal in various places around your house where you will see it often.

2. A goal gains power when it depicts an event. Put it in terms of who, what where, when and then add DETAIL!

3. A goal gains power when its benefits are expressed. Select your destination, define it, depict an actual event and put yourself into it. Be sure to make it exciting…it needs to lift your spirits!

4. A goal gains power when entered into the subconscious mind. Use color, touch, emotional feelings and responses, taste and smell, and sounds.

5. A goal gains power when the subconscious mind delivers the “how”. Break your goal
down into bite-sized daily steps.

6. A goal gains power when you act now!

A goal is a dream with a deadline. Be sure that your goal has a deadline, that it is written down and SHARED! Follow these action plans and as Zig Ziglar says, “We’ll see YOU at the top!

2 comments:

Marjorie & Maureen said...

Great post. I have seen lots of articles about goals and setting goals but this one really spoke to me.

Thanks. Your blog looks great.

Maureen

m.cruz.amaro said...

aww Thank Marjorie,

Yes I love Jim Rohn....but I LOVE LOVE LOVE my guy Les Brown....he is awesome....

I'm all about setting goals and getting rid of ALL negativity ......as much as possible...lol

You take Care,

Margarita